Complete your bucket list on a Budget: #TravelGoals that don't cost the earth
A new survey by Budget Car Rental reveals that the biggest barrier to Brits completing items on their bucket list is cost (75%), and that a quarter of men have spent more than five years saving money to do so.
With only 15% of us feeling confident we will complete our bucket list, and less than half of us having already ticked items off, Budget has compiled an alternative bucket list that could save you over £4,000.
More than two thirds of people have travel experiences high on their list; with cruising the Nile, trekking to Machu Pichu and diving in the Great Barrier Reef all featuring.
While we don’t have tropical oceans on our doorstep, the UK and its neighbouring countries do offer some pretty amazing adventures. And the best part? It’s all at much better value, enabling you to complete your bucket list on a budget. Here are our top 10 suggestions:
1. Go diving in the crystal clear waters of Dubrovnik, Croatia instead of the Gili Islands off the coast of Bali, Indonesia
Total saving of: £400
2. Face your fears and bungee jump in Ticino, Switzerland instead of Macao, China
Total saving of: £494
3. Witness the beauty of the Aurora Borealis in Derwentwater, Lake District instead of Tromso, Norway
Total saving of: £116
4. Explore the vast rainforests of Laurisiliva, Madiera instead of Costa Rica
Total saving of: £415
5. Experience eastern architecture at The Royal Pavilion, Brighton instead of The Taj Mahal, India
Total saving of: £642
6. Take a tour of the Lavender Farms in Provence instead of visiting the Bridestowe Lavender Fields in Tasmania, Australia
Total saving of: £609
7. Go cave diving in Smoo Cave in durness, Scotland instead of the Gran Cenota in Mexico
Total saving of: £614
8. Marvel over the ancient Book of Kells in Dublin instead of Museo Nazionale in Rome
Total saving of: £271
9. Trek across the Cheddar Gorge, Somerset instead of Mount Lendenfeld, New Zealand
Total saving of: £576
10. Push your limits and scale Ben Nevis, Scotland instead of climbing Mount Kilimanjaro
Total saving of: £266
From choosing to make your very own Budget Bucket List, you could save a total of £4,403*
Budget is committed to making car hire as simple and straightforward as possible, as well as being fantastic value for money. With their alternative bucket list and the everyday quality car hire on offer, Budget Car Rental is helping adventure-seeking customers to access more of the things they love at a price they can afford.
Budget offers a wide range of car models, sizes and designs with multiple locations across the UK and globally. For location information and to book your next adventure, visit: http://www.budget.co.uk/.
*All costs based on hiring a vehicle from Budget for seven days plus return flights for a week if outside of the UK against cost of return flights for a week to the international destination. All costs correct at the time of calculation
Budget Car Rental is one of the world’s best-known car rental brands with approximately 3,500 locations in more than 120 countries. Budget is an industry leader in providing vehicle rental services to value-conscious travellers and also operates one of the largest local and one-way truck rental businesses in the United States, through a network of approximately 1,550 locations. Budget is owned by Avis Budget Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: CAR), which operates and licenses the brand throughout the world. For further information, visit www.budget.com
For more information
0844 826 8347